- esther: Anyone asking you if you want children, just tell ...
- Jason Litzau: It's only racist, if they meant it. The joke is on...
- New Black Woman: So true! How ironic that we criticize other countr...
- Renee Martin: I think it's the hypocrisy of these people that ir...
- ssljcq: I often wonder how white ppl can spend so much tim...
- I am no longer a feminist December 3, 2011
- >Toby Keith’s ode to lynching July 31, 2008
- >Are they serious? February 18, 2009
- >Is it time to stop the sagging? December 8, 2008
- In calling Quvenzhane Wallis a cunt, The Onion perpetuates status quo on black femininity February 25, 2013
- UFC fighters asks “Can I touch your hair?” during live interview May 13, 2013
- To Hanna Rosin: violence against women is never funny May 11, 2013
- Charging teen with felony after science experiment mishap contributes to school-to-prison pipeline May 7, 2013
- Shocker: Howard Kurtz doesn’t thoroughly read articles May 1, 2013
- This guy proudly embraces rape culture and isn’t afraid to show it April 27, 2013
My short skirt
My short skirt is not an invitation
a provocation an indication that I want it
or give it or that I hook.
My short skirt is not begging for it
It does not want you to rip it off me or pull it down.
My short skirt is not a legal reason for raping me,
although it has been before it will not hold up in the new court.
My short skirt, believe it or not has nothing to do with you.
I’m black and I’m proud
They take my kindness for. . . . . WEAKNESS.
They take my silence for. . . . . SPEECHLESS.
They consider my uniqueness. . . . . STRANGE.
They call my language. . . . . . SLANG.
They see my confidence as. . . . . CONCEIT.
They see my mistakes as. . . . . DEFEAT.
They consider my success. . . . . ACCIDENTAL.
They minimize my intelligence to. . . . . POTENTIAL.
My questions mean I am. . . . . UNAWARE.
My advancement is somehow. . . . . UNFAIR.
To voice concern is. . . . . DISCONTENTMENT.
If I stand up for myself I am too. . . . . DEFENSIVE.
If I don't trust them I am too. . . . . APPREHENSIVE.
I am defiant if I. . . . . SEPARATE.
I am fake if I. . . . . ASSIMILATE.
My character is constantly. . . . . UNDER ATTACK.
Pride for my race makes me. . . . .TOO BLACK.