November 7, 2012
- Dana: While I understand where you're coming from, I jus...
- Danielle Goins: Your comment is drenched in the exact kind of raci...
- TrueWords: Steve wrote this garbage to sell books to a mass o...
- The Mouse: And that is why most black women have never been a...
- Victoria Perkins: While this particular case may well be a matter of...
- Black women don’t owe you shit September 22, 2013
- I am no longer a feminist December 3, 2011
- >Toby Keith’s ode to lynching July 31, 2008
- >Are they serious? February 18, 2009
- In calling Quvenzhane Wallis a cunt, The Onion perpetuates status quo on black femininity February 25, 2013
- White Women Don’t Belong in Natural Hair Spaces June 29, 2014
- ‘Bama Greeks Can Be As Racist As They Wanna Be March 30, 2014
- Where’s the public policy push for black, Latina girls? March 4, 2014
- Racism, misogyny hound Cécile Kyenge, Italy’s first black minister January 20, 2014
- What Phil Robertson Also Said December 19, 2013
My short skirt
My short skirt is not an invitation
a provocation an indication that I want it
or give it or that I hook.
My short skirt is not begging for it
It does not want you to rip it off me or pull it down.
My short skirt is not a legal reason for raping me,
although it has been before it will not hold up in the new court.
My short skirt, believe it or not has nothing to do with you.
I’m black and I’m proud
They take my kindness for. . . . . WEAKNESS.
They take my silence for. . . . . SPEECHLESS.
They consider my uniqueness. . . . . STRANGE.
They call my language. . . . . . SLANG.
They see my confidence as. . . . . CONCEIT.
They see my mistakes as. . . . . DEFEAT.
They consider my success. . . . . ACCIDENTAL.
They minimize my intelligence to. . . . . POTENTIAL.
My questions mean I am. . . . . UNAWARE.
My advancement is somehow. . . . . UNFAIR.
To voice concern is. . . . . DISCONTENTMENT.
If I stand up for myself I am too. . . . . DEFENSIVE.
If I don't trust them I am too. . . . . APPREHENSIVE.
I am defiant if I. . . . . SEPARATE.
I am fake if I. . . . . ASSIMILATE.
My character is constantly. . . . . UNDER ATTACK.
Pride for my race makes me. . . . .TOO BLACK.