June 27, 2012
- John Lindsay: I agree with the author that the video does stereo...
- Dreams… | Narc Raiders: [...] him, all his baggage and his sad lot in life...
- A feminist role call - Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out: [...] term, as of late (I used to identify with it...
- Chambliss blames military rapes on ‘the hormone level created by nature’ | The Fifth Column: [...] Saxby Chambliss thinks rape is about hormone...
- Marshonica: I'm ashamed to claim Sax'O-Crap as my representati...
- I am no longer a feminist December 3, 2011
- >Toby Keith’s ode to lynching July 31, 2008
- >Are they serious? February 18, 2009
- >Is it time to stop the sagging? December 8, 2008
- >Obama’s first week: your take January 26, 2009
- I won’t cosign your racism, even if I’m not the target of your bigotry June 19, 2013
- Saxby Chambliss thinks rape is about hormones June 4, 2013
- If it’s not a hate thing, then what is it? June 2, 2013
- CeCe McDonald’s fight is every black woman’s fight May 28, 2013
- UFC fighters asks “Can I touch your hair?” during live interview May 13, 2013
My short skirt
My short skirt is not an invitation
a provocation an indication that I want it
or give it or that I hook.
My short skirt is not begging for it
It does not want you to rip it off me or pull it down.
My short skirt is not a legal reason for raping me,
although it has been before it will not hold up in the new court.
My short skirt, believe it or not has nothing to do with you.
I’m black and I’m proud
They take my kindness for. . . . . WEAKNESS.
They take my silence for. . . . . SPEECHLESS.
They consider my uniqueness. . . . . STRANGE.
They call my language. . . . . . SLANG.
They see my confidence as. . . . . CONCEIT.
They see my mistakes as. . . . . DEFEAT.
They consider my success. . . . . ACCIDENTAL.
They minimize my intelligence to. . . . . POTENTIAL.
My questions mean I am. . . . . UNAWARE.
My advancement is somehow. . . . . UNFAIR.
To voice concern is. . . . . DISCONTENTMENT.
If I stand up for myself I am too. . . . . DEFENSIVE.
If I don't trust them I am too. . . . . APPREHENSIVE.
I am defiant if I. . . . . SEPARATE.
I am fake if I. . . . . ASSIMILATE.
My character is constantly. . . . . UNDER ATTACK.
Pride for my race makes me. . . . .TOO BLACK.